Saturday, December 04, 2004

The Arrival

I collected the radio today, & have formulated a rough plan for the restoration.
  1. take it to pieces
  2. get the valve driven AF amplifier stage (I'm presuming there's one) going
  3. replace all the hinges etc. in the case
  4. sand & oil the wood
  5. shoe-horn my old Celeron 500 into the case, running Mandrake Linux, Apache and a PHP-based control system for uploading & managing MP3s and playlists
  6. replace the aftermarket plastic knobs with something nice (brushed aluminium?)
  7. put it all back together again
I'm expecting this to take up to a year, as I have never worked with valves before, and my woodworking skills are rudimentary.

This is going to be a fun project!

No comments:

 
No Clean Feed - Stop Internet Censorship in Australia